|What it would look like if our Spirit Animals had a conversation.|
Robyn - the dino / Robin - the unicorn
I found some really interesting articles on what I'll call "self-improvement" for lack of a better term, sorry to be all 80's new-agey. Below is a roundup of must-reads to kick start a better you.
1. I had dinner with a friend the other night and she told me that I absolutely had to watch Amy Cuddy's TED Talk on the power of body language. If you haven't already watched it, then get on it already (I'm saying that in a power pose).
2. Understanding how I express my love and want to be shown love was eye opening for me. Take the 5 Love Languages Test (it's free and not a sales pitch) to find out what makes you tick.
3. Reading 15 Ways to Be a Good Human really resounded with me. It reminded me that we often rush around and are too wrapped up in our own lives, and that slowing down and performing small acts of kindness makes the biggest positive impact on the people around us.
4. This Key to Happiness is something that we all probably know, but sometimes forget. This will be an especially important self-check for me when I take on anything new.
5. I listen to music all the time, but this Smithsonian research project proves that my favorite tunes are unlocking my creativity. Finally, scientific justification for jamming out to Spotify when I should be working...